Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Nothing is impossible to a willing heart...

So, for the past few years, since I graduated from Auburn University, I have been struggling to find my "place in the world" I know that sounds so cliche' but people would not say it if it weren't true. I am constantly surrounded by people who have life all figured out and I sometimes wonder if I ever will. Some days I enjoy the fact that I am still somewhat free to explore my options and figure out what I want to do with my life. When I think about my future and what I want it to be like, I always come to the same simple conclusion: I want to be HAPPY. When I have told this to people before they have laughed and said, "Doesn't everybody want to be happy?" Well, of course everybody wants to be happy, but my question is: "What are you willing to do to be happy?"
Happiness is defined by every person different. Not one person can agree with another on what happiness is. Some people gain happiness through fame, fortune, success, helping others etc. I have asked myself so many times what would define true happiness for me. Each time I think to myself, "I am already happy." Which is a true statement but I am not yet fulfilled. Since the day I was born I have been constantly searching for new adventures and trying everything I can to experience everything Life has to offer. I live everyday knowing it is a gift and I do not take it for granted. I do not know the secret to happiness but I do know that if you are not happy within yourself, nothing else can make you happy.
It has taken more time than I thought to figure out what direction I want my life to take. I am already blessed with the best family and friends anyone could ask for. I have had more opportunities to explore life and times to fail than I think is fair for one person. For a long time I could tell you what I didn't want to do with my life and where I didn't want to end up or which career path I didn't want to take, but I couldn't tell you what I did want out of life. After so many years of being confused and indecisive, I have decided what will help fulfill my dreams is to start my own clothing line. After doing hours of research and finding an awesome, creative person that balances me out to be my business partner, I have found what I know will be an adventure of a lifetime. I know it will be A Lot of hard work and determination but I also know it will be everything I have been looking for. I know it will be the greatest learning experience of my life and can't wait to get started. I have already started with the research and figured a few things out but there is so much more to do. I am already enjoying the business and it is not officially started yet. I will keep you posted on the start of mine and Stevie's clothing line. Can't wait to see the results!

No comments:

Post a Comment