Tuesday, August 11, 2009

If The World Had a Front Porch...

This year I have encountered a few life altering moments that has made me step back and reflect on my life: the past, the present and sometimes the future. I used to think I had my whole life planned out but now I realize God has his own plan for me.

This summer I hung out with the Porch Crew in my home town, Childersburg, Al. This was by far one of the best summers of my life. I reconnected with old friends and made some new ones. I wanted to go somewhere to get away from drama and for the most part, the porch was drama free! There was always someone around to talk to, make late night taco bell runs, or drink a beer with. Most days were spent sitting on the porch and talking, facebooking, and arguing over who stole Liz's lighter. Although people think we were permanent statues on the porch, we did occasionally venture out and when we did, we made sure it was an adventure we would never forget. The Porch Crew consist of the most random people and personality types which kept things interesting all summer long. You would think sitting on a porch for 4 months would be boring and uneventful but with this crew, there was always a story to tell the next day. I miss these people everyday and will forever remember the summer that I sat on the Porch.



No comments:

Post a Comment